Private gynaecological care at the MLB Medical Centre – “Medical & Dental Care” is all about concern for your health, prevention, treatment of women’s diseases, and prenatal care. We believe that pregnant women should not spend long hours in the waiting room – instead we suggest booking appointments for specific hours – without waiting for an examination. Our specialists in the field of gynaecology and obstetrics are doctors with many years of experience at work. It is precisely the treatment methods adapted to British laws and regulations that make the services of gynaecologists in mainland UK so popular among our patients.
Gynaecology at the MLB Medical Centre is, among others:
- Prenatal care – monitoring the development of a child to ensure the proper progress of pregnancy is fundamental for every mother. Scheduling an appointment for the first pregnancy is recommended about 2-4 weeks after late menstruation, which corresponds to about 6-8 weeks of pregnancy.
- Prevention – cervical cancers or ovarian cancer develop asymptomatically, which is why the issue of regular cytological tests is very important for the health of every woman. Cytology should be performed at least once every three years, however, our specialists always recommend to perform it once a year – this increases the detection of early cancers.
- Ultrasound – ultrasound allows to see what is not visible to the naked eye. Preventive ultrasound of the breast and ultrasound of the reproductive organ should be performed once a year.
- Contraception – whether you are interested in hormonal pills or any other solution – our gynaecologist will present you with a whole range of contraceptive options and help you choose the method most suitable just for you.
- First gynaecological visit – the first cytology is recommended to be performed before the age of 25. Any woman who has had sexual intercourse should see a gynaecologist within a year. Feeling stressed before the first visit? Our gynaecologist is a person whom you can trust entirely; the visits take place in an atmosphere of full understanding and discretion.
- Vaginal infections – vaginal discharge, vulvar itching, vaginal burning, fungal and bacterial infections of the vagina are very common conditions affecting a large number of women. Our gynaecologist will choose a pharmacological treatment appropriate for your condition.
- Painful menstruation, irregular bleeding, spotting in different phases of the cycle, lower abdominal pain, problems during intercourse, perimenopausal symptoms, postmenopausal bleeding, breastfeeding problems, libido disorders and other gynaecological problems should not be underestimated. The gynaecologist at MLB Medical Centre “Medical & Dental Care” is all about help for women of all ages!
To visiting our facility which provides gynaecological care, we particularly encourage residents of Bury St Edmunds, Cambridge, Norwich, King’s Lynn, Ipswich, Colchester, Luton, Chelmsford, Thetford, Ely, Fakenham, Hunstanton, Lowestoft, Great Yarmouth, Southwold, Felixstowe, Clacton-on-Sea, and all of the counties of Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire.